For over 100 years Low Moor Club (Formerly WMC) has been at the heart of the Low Moor community. Previously located in School Street, the present club as it stands was relocated in 1934 with the foundation bricks being laid by the children of the club on the 25th August of that year.
Opening our doors of the newly owned and refurbished Low Moor Club in 2005 we have worked towards and seen it go from strength to strength, even developing a new logo in 2012.
As a Social Club we like to think of ourselves as a diverse and forward thinking in all aspects of social life, whether it be visiting us for a quiet drink, bringing your children or grandchildren out on a Saturday night, having a game of bingo or a game of snooker, we can offer it all! Our popular Saturday night entertainment sees people coming together every Saturday to share a great night out with friends and family. Some of our events are members only events so why not consider becoming a member!
We host an annual children’s Christmas party with a special visit from Santa, along with presents. Not to leave out the adults we host both an annual senior citizens Christmas party as well as several social nights throughout the year (open to all) including exceptional entertainment with tributes such as Shirley Bassey, Buddy Holly and Bruno Mars.
When deciding on a new logo for the club in 2012, the most important thing to us was our ties with Low Moor itself.
In or around the 1790’s Low Moor changed beyond recognition with the establishment and rapid growth of the Low Moor Iron Works and this was the basis of the logos design.
The wheel in the centre represents the 16 ft, 30.5 ton fly wheel now situated at the Huddersfield Road end of New Works Road.
The Octagonal shape around the outside of the logo is indicative of a same shaped office building that stood in the grounds of the former Iron Works built in 1791.